[CMake] Conditional dependency

Alan W. Irwin irwin at beluga.phys.uvic.ca
Tue Nov 6 13:23:42 EST 2007

On 2007-11-06 12:44+0100 Hendrik Sattler wrote:

> Zitat von Eric Noulard <eric.noulard at gmail.com>:
>> The general pattern is the following:
>>
>> # put unconditional sources in
>> SET(MYLIB_SRC c.cpp g.cpp <any otherunconditional source>)
>>
>> # then ADD the conditional ones
>> IF(WIN32)
>>    SET(MYLIB_SRC ${MYLIB_SRC} win32-a.cpp)
>> ENDIF(WIN32)
>>
>> IF(LIBXML2_FOUND)
>>   SET(MYLIB_SRC ${MYLIB_SRC}  xml2-a.cpp)
>> ENDIF()
>
> Additionally, I suggest using the LIST macro instead, the above actually
> reinvents LIST(APPEND ....).

I would like to clean up the PLplot build system style which has a lot of
the former style instead of LIST(APPEND...).

However, before I do that work, does anybody know whether LIST(APPEND...)
was available for cmake-2.4.5 (the minimum version of cmake for the
PLplot build)?

To Bill Hoffman: at one time you were keen on committing the results of
cmake --help-full for each version of cmake to cvs so that differences (such
as when LIST(APPEND) was introduced) would spring out when browsing cvs
using the view-cvs GUI diff.  Did you ever implement that step in your
release process?  If so, where do you keep the results of cmake --help-full
in cvs?

Alan
Alan W. Irwin

(lbproject.sf.net).