[CMake] can't pipe cl.exe in a custom command

Brandon Van Every bvanevery at gmail.com
Tue Nov 6 12:21:02 EST 2007

On Nov 6, 2007 8:19 AM, Bill Hoffman <bill.hoffman at kitware.com> wrote:
> You might want to look at Modules/Platform/Windows-cl.cmake...
> It uses EXEC_PROGRAM to get the version of the MS compiler.
> You could see how that works.  Look in CVS CMake.

It runs the C preprocessor to obtain a value for _MSC_VER.  Probably
as good an approach as any, and it was the next thing I was going to
try after Juan gave me that list of predefined compiler macros.  I was
hoping not to have to deal with every compiler macro out there, but it
seems I have to deal with differences of command line format and pipe
processing anyways.

Cheers,
Brandon Van Every