[CMake] lexical scoping

Brandon Van Every bvanevery at gmail.com
Fri Nov 2 19:05:16 EDT 2007

On Nov 2, 2007 6:51 PM, Justin C. Keesling <jckeesling at cox.net> wrote:

> The bottom line is not what is possible, but rather how can we make this build
> system easier to use, more flexible, and more powerful without users having
> to resort to hacks.  Verbose variable prefixes is a hack (one that I
> unfortunately use quite often).

and variable_scope(blah1 blah2 blah3) { } sure smells like a hack.
That was my point.  But if you want to point me towards a popular
language community that does such a thing, feel free.  Or an unpopular
language community, if they have any aesthetic merits to argue.  I'm
leery of trying to "educate" new users about why they should have to
type such things though.  I'd almost prefer to tell them to type long
variable name prefixes, because it's probably easier for them to
accept.

Cheers,
Brandon Van Every