[CMake] lexical scoping

Brandon Van Every bvanevery at gmail.com
Fri Nov 2 16:01:55 EDT 2007

On Nov 2, 2007 3:44 PM, Bill Hoffman <bill.hoffman at kitware.com> wrote:
> I have an idea.  What if we created a variable_scope command?

Bad markerting idea.  Nobody programs in this idiom.  (Well, I don't
know about Perl, as far as I'm concerned they're nobody.  ;-)  Lotsa
people program with functions and would expect a scripting language to
have functions.  Minimize the number of "CMake specific weird things"
people have to learn, if you want more users.  SETLOCAL is not so
objectionable, didn't some Unix shells have this historically?

Cheers,
Brandon Van Every