[CMake] disabling the cache

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Thu Nov 1 09:37:50 EDT 2007

On 01.11.07 14:29:02, Jesper Eskilson wrote:
> Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> > On 01.11.07 10:49:12, Jesper Eskilson wrote:
> >> In any case, the automatic regeneration of project files *does* *not*
> >> *work*, and my question was simply if there was a plan for either doing
> >> something about it (such as disabling it per default, which would be a
> >> sensible thing to do, IMHO), and/or documenting that it is broken.
> >
> > So far you're the only one claiming that (in this thread), I suggest to
> > come up with a small sample project where changing the CMakeLists.txt
> > doesn't trigger a cmake run. If you've got that you can file a bugreport
> > against cmake.
>
> Did you actually read my post before replying?

Did you actually read it? (quoted from above)

,----
`----

> I'm not claiming that cmake does not regenerate the project files.

Sorry, but the above does say exactly that for me.

> I'm not claiming that Visual Studio does not reload the projects
> files. What I'm claiming is that ***the project files aren't reloaded
> until the build already has completed***, meaning that I need to build
> ***again*** to make sure that the changes to my CMakeLists.txt
> actually make it into Visual Studio.

So what you actually want is that whatever "rule" in VS project files
regenerates CMakeLists.txt also stops the build if it does execute the
regeneration? If thats the case file a feature wish for that, personally
I could see this to be a reasonable thing to do. But I have actually not
the slightest idea if thats even possible with VS projects.

OTOH VS itself could also just stop a running build if it detects a
change to one of the project files, so you could as well file a
bugreport to MS ;)

Andreas

--
Excellent time to become a missing person.