[CMake] disabling the cache

Jesper Eskilson jesper at eskilson.se
Thu Nov 1 05:51:59 EDT 2007

KSpam wrote:

> All of my coworkers use Visual Studio 2005, and it properly indicates when
> project files need to be reloaded.  In fact, it is quite an annoyance when
> you have dozens of project files that are modified by CMake, and you have to
> manually say "Yes" to reloading each and every one of them.  Of course, this
> is no fault of CMake, as its job is to simply generate the project files.  I
> would like to see Visual Studio handle reloading project files a little more
> eloquently.

Yes, I agree. But still, VS8 actually reloads all projects which is more
than you can say about VS7 which only reloaded the first project. :-)

> This sounds to me like a specific setting on your Visual Studio install.  I
> believe that there is a setting in Visual Studio that can ignore externally
> modified files or automatically reload them.  Perhaps you are unknowingly
> using this setting.

As I said in a previous post, the project files are being reloaded, but
not until *after* the build is complete. (Unless Visual Studio silently
reloads projects during a building, but I seriously doubt that.)

--
/Jesper