[CMake] disabling the cache

Jesper Eskilson jesper at eskilson.se
Thu Nov 1 05:49:12 EDT 2007

Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> On Mittwoch, 31. Oktober 2007, Jesper Eskilson wrote:
>> BTW: Are there any plans of fixing the broken regeneration for Visual
>> Studio? Or at least documenting it as known problem? As it is now,
>> the project files are regenerated but not reloaded, and there is no
>> feedback that the new project files aren't used for the build.
>
> How exactly should cmake fix a bug in Visual Studio? As far as I
> understood this thread the problem is that VS doesn't get that its
> project files have changed and thus doesn't reload them. I suggest to
> contact your MS support contact.

Visual Studio *does* reload the project files, but not *during* a build.
If any project files are modified during a build, they are reloaded
*after* the build is complete. I'm not sure if I would call this a bug,
even if it conjunction with cmake causes a breakage when cmake tries to
regenereate project files.

In any case, the automatic regeneration of project files *does* *not*
*work*, and my question was simply if there was a plan for either doing
something about it (such as disabling it per default, which would be a
sensible thing to do, IMHO), and/or documenting that it is broken.

--
/Jesper