[CMake] One item from a list?

Alan W. Irwin irwin at beluga.phys.uvic.ca
Thu May 24 14:29:55 EDT 2007

On 2007-05-24 11:56-0600 Gordon.Schumacher at seagate.com wrote:

> "Alan W. Irwin" <irwin at beluga.phys.uvic.ca> wrote on 05/23/2007 02:46:10
> PM:
>
> # On 2007-05-23 14:39-0600 Gordon.Schumacher at seagate.com wrote:
> #
> # >
> # > Forgive me if this is a "dumb n00b" question, but is there a way to
> # > retrieve a single item from a list in CMake?  I need to parse the
> # > returned output of EXEC_PROGRAM.
> #
> # LIST(GET...
>
> Doh.  It is indeed RTFM.  I even looked and missed it...

No problem.  The "Fine Manual" is indeed big, and "list" appears a lot
there. The tricks I use to find specific commands is to use the paranthesis
in the search (search for "list(") or do a strict upper-case search (search
for "LIST").

Even then, I sometimes need help to find what I need in the documentation.
This group has really been helpful to me with such "simple" questions so I
am happy to help in turn when I can.

Alan
Alan W. Irwin

(lbproject.sf.net).