[CMake] Specifying build architectures on Mac OS X (ppc7400 does not work?)

Sean McBride sean at rogue-research.com
Mon May 7 11:26:59 EDT 2007

Hi all,

Has anyone tried to build a Universal Binary with the following:

CMAKE_OSX_ARCHITECTURES:STRING=ppc7400;i386

instead of the usual:

CMAKE_OSX_ARCHITECTURES:STRING=ppc;i386

If I do a 'lipo -info' on the build result it tells me "Architectures in
the fat file: foo.a are: ppc i386".  It should say "ppc7400 i386", which
I do get when I build with Xcode instead of CMake.

(ppc7400 is for the G4, which is the oldest CPU I want to target, I
don't care about the G3.)

Anyone else tried this?  Thanks,

Sean McBride, B. Eng                 sean at rogue-research.com