[CMake] MSYS static libraries under MSVC

gga ggarra at advancedsl.com.ar
Fri Jun 15 20:32:18 EDT 2007

I'm writing a better FindXXXX module for using some libraries compiled
with MSYS under MSVC (FFMPEG to be more precise).

My problem is that FIND_LIBRARY() seems to only search for .lib files,
while MSYS static library files are named .a (even though they *are*
.lib files compatible with MSVC).

Switching to FIND_FILE() to find them, I still find that the
TARGET_LINK_LIBRARIES() command will still add them as .lib, so it will
end up trying to link in, for example, libogg.a.lib.

Is there any way to make this work?  I cannot change the extension for
all libraries, as most other libraries will probably be named .lib under
msvc.

--
Gonzalo Garramuño
ggarra at advancedsl.com.ar