[CMake] CPack and 7-Zip?

Peter Visser pervulgo at gmail.com
Fri Jun 15 12:28:49 EDT 2007

> > INSTALL(TARGETS helloworld
> >                   RUNTIME DESTINATION bin STRIP_ALWAYS
> >                   LIBRARY DESTINATION lib STRIP_NEVER
> >                   ARCHIVE DESTINATION lib STRIP_NEVER
> >                )
> >
> > In my case that would work very well.
>
> I guess you would do it this way for all installed targets ?
> Also for the LIBRARY part, which is only for libraries which were created
> using ADD_LIBRARY( ... MODULE ...) ?

I think so,  the  reason  I specify  RUNTIME/LIBRARY and ARCHIVE is
convenience (I'm lazy..). I Just copy these lines from one target to another
and change the name, it works for the executables and libraries in the same
way.

Maybe ALWAYS_STRIP and EXCLUDE_FROM_STRIP would be a bit more consistent
> with
> the names of other command options.

Perhaps the default could be ALWAYS_STRIP and only use EXCLUDE_FROM_STRIP
when necessary. (In that case only the troublesome figures, like myself,
need to change the INSTALL rule.)

INSTALL(TARGETS helloworld
                   RUNTIME DESTINATION bin
                   LIBRARY DESTINATION lib EXCLUDE_FROM_STRIP
                   ARCHIVE DESTINATION lib EXCLUDE_FROM_STRIP
                )

Peter.