[CMake] [Dev] CMake 2.5 tool chain support example

Alexander Neundorf a.neundorf-work at gmx.net
Tue Jun 12 15:02:42 EDT 2007

On Sunday 10 June 2007 17:38, Trevor Kellaway wrote:
> Note that in my example Freescale.cmake and Freescale-chc12-hc12.cmake
> are effectively empty, as all content seems to logically belong in
> Freescale-chc12.cmake in this case.

I had another look at Freescale-chc12.cmake.

I guess you have different projects using this controller ?

In the file you have the cache variables HC12_LINK_PRM_FILE,
HC12_MEMORY_MODEL_LETTER and HC12_CORE. I guess they don't depend on
preferences of the users but on how the actual hardware for this project
looks like. Does this mean in order to build these projects correctly the
user/developer has to adjust these variables manually to the correct values
for the target hardware ?

If that's the case then IMO this is not ideal, this is what I wanted to go to
the Freescale-chc12-hc12.cmake file. But this won't work (without repeating
really a lot of code there) if the "processor" file is executed after
the "compiler" file, because then the rules-variables will already have been
set.
How about including the "processor" file before the "compiler" file ?
Then you could have Freescale-chc12-product1.cmake which would set HC12_CORE
etc. as required for this project.

What do you think ?

Bye
Alex