[CMake] visual studio converter?

Brandon Van Every bvanevery at gmail.com
Tue Jun 5 20:00:33 EDT 2007

On 6/5/07, Jon W <knowdat at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 6/5/07, Brandon Van Every <bvanevery at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 6/5/07, Jon W <knowdat at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Are there any tools available to convert Visual Studio files to
> > > cmakelists.txt?  I have hundreds of vcproj files and this would help
> > > make the conversion to cmake easier.
> >
> > I don't know of any.  Maybe someone has some homebrew.  What is
> > driving the need for such large scale conversion?  You porting a big
> > project to another platform?
>
> Hi Brandon.
>
> Yes, I am looking at porting a windows app to *nix, and with 10,000
> files a conversion tool would be helpful.  Hopefully there are some
> conversion related tools or ideas.

Do those .proj files have a lot of tweaky project specific options set
in them?  Or are they sorta generic "compile and link this" kind of
stuff?  If the latter, you could do some kind of simple scripting to
generate most of your CMake framework.  It would be a pretty redundant
problem.  Don't really need to convert those, just create them with
whatever you like to script in.  Then throw the script away when
you've done it.

Cheers,
Brandon Van Every