[CMake] Setting properties on all targets in one line

Alexander Neundorf a.neundorf-work at gmx.net
Fri Jun 1 14:22:46 EDT 2007

On Friday 01 June 2007 14:14, Eric Noulard wrote:
> 2007/6/1, Brandon Van Every <bvanevery at gmail.com>:
> > especially when you have debugging / maintenance questions for the
> > mailing list.  Otherwise, you'll have to turn all your macros and
> > wrappers back into straight CMake code before you can ask anyone
> > anything.
>
> I disagree here.
> I personnally like the CMake MACRO very much because
> its a good way to "extend or customize", 'strait' CMake code.
> Nevertheless you are right when the bug is in the MACRO
> you need help from the MACRO writer or you need to dive
> in the MACRO.

I think there is no "right" way, both have advantages and disadvantages.

When writing the macros for KDE4 I tried to keep them to a minimum and make
them behave and look as similar to the builtin cmake commands/macros as
possible. IMO also with macros the cmake scripts should still be
understandable with normal cmake knowledge.

Bye
Alex