[CMake] Eclipse CDT4 CMake Generator - Pre-Alpha version

Miguel A. Figueroa-Villanueva miguelf at ieee.org
Tue Jul 31 13:42:09 EDT 2007

On 7/31/07, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> On Tuesday 31 July 2007 09:51, you wrote:
> > Great! If you personally think this is good and can review/apply the
> > patches relatively quickly then that will work well for me. What I was
> > worried about was that I open a feature request and, understandably
> > so, it sits there to be taken care according to everyone's busy
> > schedule...
> >
> > I sent the patch to the list last night, but it rejected the e-mail
> > because it was too big... I'll now clean up the code according to the
> > coding style and resend with cc to you. This time tared and zipped, so
> > it shouldn't have a problem.
>
> Thanks :-)

Attached is the file. I changed some variable names and other minor
things, but I'm not certain it follows all the coding standards. I
leave that to your inspection, although please point out whatever you
find that you needed to fix for my future reference.

Also, note that I dislike al the long runs of "fout << ...". However,
I expect all that to change as I get a better understanding of the
.project/.cproject options and format. So, I'll refactor it later...
they are private implementations anyway.

> > Now, I want to open a Wiki entry on
> > http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake_Generator_Specific_Information for
> > "Eclipse CDT Generator" stating that a generator for Eclipse CDT is in
> > development with a link to a new page called "Eclipse CDT Generator
> > Development" for a page that everyone interested in this development
> > should watch to discuss it.

All of those interested in this development are encouraged to watch
the following wiki page:

http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/Eclipse_CDT4_Generator_Development

It only has a screenshot, but I'll start writing down discussion
topics very soon.

--Miguel