[CMake] Cannot seem to use cygwin latest 2.4.7-1?

Bill Hoffman bill.hoffman at kitware.com
Tue Jul 31 11:49:48 EDT 2007

OK, I think this is fixed now.   :-)

I have just uploaded 2.4.7-2 to cygwin.  This one should work.   This was
the first release done with cpack for cygwin.   It exposed a bug with the
cygwin setup program.  The tar file had the magic number in it for tar,
but not gnu tar.   Cygwin setup silently ignored the tar file because the
magic number was not what it was expecting.   The next release of
cygwin setup will support the non-gnu magic number.   However,
I have changed cpack to create gnu style tar files on cygwin.   So,
when 2.4.7-2 shows up on your favorite mirror site, give it a try
and cmake should install now.

-Bill