[CMake] Eclipse CMake Generator - Pre-Alpha version

Mike Jackson imikejackson at gmail.com
Tue Jul 31 10:48:58 EDT 2007

On Jul 31, 2007, at 10:42 AM, Alexander Neundorf wrote:

> On Tuesday 31 July 2007 10:30, Mike Jackson wrote:
>> Eclipse CDT only supports MinGW on Windows so the fact that it is
>> broken for Cygwin is no surprise.
>
> Really ?
> In 2004 a patch was needed for CDT (from Oyvind Harboe I think) to
> work
> correctly with cygwin paths, but I thought this patch was then
> integrated
> into CDT.
>
>> CDT does NOT support nmake at this
>> time because there would be no way to debug the code after it was
>> compiled. There was discussion about this on the CDT newsgroup
>
> So it works except debugging ?
>
> Bye
> Alex

I do not follow the CDT/windows too much. ( I use VS2003 when on
Windows) so if someone got it working then great.

I said it _might_ be able to work. I have no idea. I have never
tested it. There is a check box for "Visual Studio Error Parsing" in
the Eclipse project setup. If you create a "standard makefile"
project then there should be enough options to have eclipse call
nmake on your generated nmake files, just as I have eclipse call "/
usr/bin/make -C Build/" on my own "makefile" based projects. All of
that is untested. Some one care to give it a shot?

--
Mike Jackson   Senior Research Engineer