[CMake] Eclipse CMake Generator - Pre-Alpha version

Mike Jackson imikejackson at gmail.com
Tue Jul 31 10:30:53 EDT 2007

Eclipse CDT only supports MinGW on Windows so the fact that it is
broken for Cygwin is no surprise. CDT does NOT support nmake at this
time because there would be no way to debug the code after it was
compiled. There was discussion about this on the CDT newsgroup
(nntp://news.eclipse.org on the eclipse.tools.cdt newsgroup). http://
dev.eclipse.org/newslists/news.eclipse.tools.cdt/msg13757.html

So I would guess that MS tool chain support would probably never be
properly supported. This should not stop you from having cmake create
nmake files and having CDT call nmake on your files. That _might_
work.. Never tried it.

--
Mike Jackson   Senior Research Engineer