[CMake] Re: Why can't INSTALL(TARGET ...) find an executable that CMake built?

Christian Convey christian.convey at gmail.com
Mon Jul 30 15:23:08 EDT 2007

On 7/30/07, Christian Convey <christian.convey at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Can you try to create a minimal testcase so we can reproduce the problem
> > here ?
> >
> > Alex

I've got a pretty minimal test case.  The problem installing an
executable "Foo" seems to only occur when Foo's CMakeLists.txt file
contains a line like:
   TARGET_LINK_LIBRARIES(Foo Bar)
where 'Bar' is the target name of a library I'm building as part of
the same project.

I've attached a tar file that should let you easily reproduce this.
You don't need to specify any cache variables, and you should see the
problem if you just run "make; make install".

BTW, I'm working on a Ubuntu 7.04 system.

Any suggestions for how to circumvent this problem would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Christian