[CMake] How to link with MFC libraries?

Brandon Van Every bvanevery at gmail.com
Mon Jul 30 10:46:29 EDT 2007

On 7/30/07, Prashanth Udupa <prashanth.udupa at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We have a project where we are generating about 12-15 targets. Of these
> targets some depend on VTK, some on other external libraries. We have
> managed to author CMakeLists.txt for VTK and the external libraries, except
> for MFC and .Net targets. Any clues how we can author CMakeLists.txt to link
> against MFC libraries

The FAQ had an entry on this, but I don't know how helpful it is as I
don't use MFC.  If it's less than helpful, then if you can update it
when you do get your answers, that would be a great benefit to others.
http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake_FAQ#How_to_use_MFC_with_CMake

> and generate .Net executables?

No idea.

> Another thing I want to
> mention at this point is that we would like to use a single CMakeLists.txt
> file that specifies the link rules for both VS2003 and VS2005 environments.

That's easy, use a variable like IF(MSVC71)
MSVC, MSVC_IDE, MSVC60, MSVC70, MSVC71, MSVC80, CMAKE_COMPILER_2005
http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake_Useful_Variables

Cheers,
Brandon Van Every