[CMake] cmake support Dev C++

Andy Dingfelder DingfelderA at SirTrack.com
Sun Jul 29 18:44:10 EDT 2007

I personally think that the Eclipse CDT might be a good option to
explore instead of focusing on other smaller, less used IDEs.

The Eclipse userbase is huge and the CDT portion is growing with leaps
and bounds, especially in the embedded and cross platform areas.

It seems to me that the tighter that cmake could integrate into
eclipse, the larger the cmake userbase would grow, much in the same way
that eclipse has adopted the Maven build system in the Java community.

Thoughts from any other Eclipse users out there?

Zitat von protein <proteinbme at gmail.com>:
> Since Dev C++ is a nice free IDE in windows and is developing
rapidly.
> Is it possible that one day cmake will support Dev C++ project file
> generation?

Probably not unless you write such a generator. The youngest entry in

devcpp CVS is 23 month old and the 4.9.9.2 beta release is probably
not getting an update, anymore, but it not very stable. The v4 version

as an alternative download is close to unusable, too.

Not too many chances, I'd say.

Some suggest CodeBlocks instead but what shall be the impression of a

software that is _only_ available via CVS because its authors do not
dare to make a release :-/

I'd suggest to use VCexpress as editor and compile on command line.

HS

WARNING: This email and any attachments may be confidential and/or
privileged. They are intended for the addressee only and are not to be read,
used, copied or disseminated by anyone receiving them in error.  If you are
not the intended recipient, please notify the sender by return email and

The views expressed in this email are those of the sender and do not
necessarily reflect the official views of Landcare Research.

SirTrack
http://www.sirtrack.com