[CMake] INSTALL component name as a target?

Christian Convey christian.convey at gmail.com
Fri Jul 27 13:22:38 EDT 2007

I'm using INSTALL(...)'s COMPONENT parameter to specify various
subsets of files that should be installed in different circumstances.

Suppose I have an install component named Foo.

Is there an easy way I can express a dependency, within CMake, on all
of the files that would be installed for component Foo?

Or is any such goal futile, since CMake can't reasonably predict what
set of files "make install" would produce, because the only way to
know what files will be produced by "make install" is to actually
execute it?

Thanks,
Christian