[CMake] Plans for extending CMake language?

Christian Convey christian.convey at gmail.com
Fri Jul 27 11:31:59 EDT 2007

I'm working on my first CMake package, an came across a few things
that concerned me:

- My package uses variables from the same namespace that all other
CMake code uses.  To avoid unintended variable/macro name conflicts,
I'm forced to use long variable names.

- There's no notion (that I can see) of local variables whose scope is
only limited to within a Macro.

- I wrote a helper macro that probably shouldn't be considered part of
my package's interface.

So my question is: are there any plans to enhance CMake's language so
that it better supports modularity, black box (or at least grey box)
implementations of packages, etc.?