[CMake] Call for Module maintainer volunteers

Brandon Van Every bvanevery at gmail.com
Thu Jul 26 18:35:05 EDT 2007

On 7/26/07, Alan W. Irwin <irwin at beluga.phys.uvic.ca> wrote:
> On 2007-07-26 13:55-0400 Brandon Van Every wrote:
>
> > I think it is very important that any experimental releases have no
> > effect on official CMake installations at all.
>
> That's already been stated.  I say again, you will not be affected by this
> proposal at all.

That's not the point.  The point is to define the exact mechanism by
which this is guaranteed.  Just having people download "official"
CMakes or "experimental" CMakes at their whim won't guarantee it.
People will get confused about which CMake they're using.  If the
world starts getting populated by CMakes of uncertain composition, I
am indeed affected.

Cheers,
Brandon Van Every