[CMake] ADA language

Alan W. Irwin irwin at beluga.phys.uvic.ca
Thu Jul 19 12:35:38 EDT 2007

On 2007-07-19 11:06+0200 Camek, Alexander wrote:

> Hi List,

> Some question to the internal behaviour of cmake. As i see in
Cmake<LANGUAGE>Information.cmake there are the options or the lines set for
every language. What me bother is that with all language models given by
cmake, everything is all right. But when I use the Ada modules from plplot,
on my system the internal tags for <CMAKE_Ada_COMPILER> is not parsed
anyhow. It is given as a plain string without the <>. On other thing if i
look at CmakeCInformation.cmake or CMakeCxxInformation.cmake i do get there
some internal informations like <SOURCE>, but when I do that for my language
I only get the string called SOURCE and not what i believe to get.

"Bracketed" variables such as <CMAKE_Ada_COMPILER> and <CMAKE_C_COMPILER>
are used by the various generators to configure the commands that will be
used for compiling, linking, and building executables. I have not had
success accessing them from cmake itself. Exactly what command do you use to
print out <CMAKE_Ada_COMPILER>?  Is it

message("CMAKE_Ada_COMPILER = ${CMAKE_Ada_COMPILER}")

or

message("<CMAKE_Ada_COMPILER> = ${<CMAKE_Ada_COMPILER>}")

or something else?

Same question for the C language equivalent.

Once I know exactly what you are attempting to print out for both Ada and C,
I will try to do the same here to see if I confirm your results.

By the way, with the standard Unix Makefile generator you can find out
exactly what was set by looking through the generated Makefiles or even
easier, invoke make as "make VERBOSE=1 ..." which is how I know that
<CMAKE_Ada_COMPILER> is set correctly for Linux and Mac OS X systems using
the PLplot Ada modules.

Alan
Alan W. Irwin

(lbproject.sf.net).