[CMake] Update of many FindXXX.cmake modules, please check

Alexander Neundorf a.neundorf-work at gmx.net
Thu Jul 19 09:10:22 EDT 2007

Hi,

since yesterday cmake cvs HEAD has a new macro
FIND_PACKAGE_HANDLE_STANDARD_ARGS(name var1 ...)
which can be used to handle the <name>_FIND_REQUIRED and <name>_FIND_QUIETLY
variables in FindXXX.cmake files. Additionally it sets <name>_FOUND to TRUE
or FALSE depending on the value of all variables given as parameter.
I changed most of the not-too-complicated FindXXX.cmake modules so that they
now use this macro.

Additionally in some of the FindXXX.cmake modules there were calls like

FIND_PATH(FOO_INCLUDE_DIR foo.h /usr/local/include /usr/include )

Since quite some time these standard paths don't have to be listed anymore, so
I removed them. In some places I added a PATH_SUFFIXES argument (e.g. gtk,
SDL).

So if there is a module in cmake cvs you have contributed or which you are
using heavily, please check that it still works as expected.

If you are writing cmake modules outside cmake cvs, consider copying
FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake to your project so you can use it in your
modules too, and we get a consistent behaviour among the cmake modules.

Thanks
Alex