[CMake] ADA language

Alexander Neundorf a.neundorf-work at gmx.net
Wed Jul 18 11:15:26 EDT 2007

On Wednesday 18 July 2007 08:24, Alan W. Irwin wrote:
> On 2007-07-18 11:30+0200 Camek, Alexander wrote:
> > Now i have added the ADA language to cmake as my own modules. I added a
>
> CMakeAdaCompiler.cmake.in, a CMakeDetermineAdaCompiler.cmake and a
> CMakeAdaInfomation.cmake. I do there the same like in C, because with the
> gcc you can compile and link ada files (you do not realy use gnatmake which
> also do normally a gcc compile and than a gnatbind and gnatlink).
>
> I agree that gnatmake is not needed to make a library, but it (or the
> equivalent combination of gnatbind and gnatlink) is required to make an
> executable.  These issues are all dealt with in the Ada-related files
> at http://plplot.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/plplot/trunk/cmake/modules/.

If you are interested to get Ada support into CMake, it would be nice if you
could have a look at the current state of the language support files in cmake
cvs HEAD. The linker preference is now a numeric value, for C and C++
a "compiler ID" is determined, which is then used to load a
<system>-<compiler-id>-<language>.cmake file, if there is no compiler ID,
just the basename of the compiler is used.
Additionally a file
<system>-<compiler-id>-<lang>-<CMAKE_SYSTEM_PROCESSOR>.cmake is loaded if it
exists, so there some settings can be tuned.
CMAKE_<lang>_COMPILER can now be preset, which is required for cross
compiling.

If you can get the Ada files to support this too and a test for the Ada
support (see e.g. Tests/COnly) then it would be easier to get this into cmake
cvs for the next major cmake release.

Bye
Alex