[CMake] ADA language

Alan W. Irwin irwin at beluga.phys.uvic.ca
Wed Jul 18 10:50:47 EDT 2007

On 2007-07-18 15:27+0200 Camek, Alexander wrote:

> Hi Alan,
>
> One thing.
> If i use your cmake modules for Ada. Then the test for the compiler failes under windows with mingw.
> It says: C:\MinGW\bin\gcc.exe -o CMakeFiles/testadacompiler.dir/testadacompiler.obj -c foo.adb
> Gnat1: incorrect object file extension
>
> Okay, this is clear because gnatbind is expacting an .o file. But if i am doing your test by hand. Copying the file and running gnatmake in a shell all is fine.
>
> What is the difference there?

I don't have direct experience with MinGW (no access), and the PLplot MinGW
testers have not tried Ada on that platform yet.  So you are doing important
MinGW/CMake/Ada pioneering work here.

My understanding is there is a big CMake distinction between MinGW (only)
and MinGW/MSYS (MinGW with a shell and other goodies).  So you may have
found an issue with my Cmake Ada modules for the MinGW (only) case.  If/when
you figure out how my modules should be changed for either/both the MinGW
cases, I would be happy to update them.

Alan
Alan W. Irwin

(lbproject.sf.net).