[CMake] ADA language

Alan W. Irwin irwin at beluga.phys.uvic.ca
Wed Jul 18 09:24:32 EDT 2007

On 2007-07-18 14:43+0200 Camek, Alexander wrote:

> Hi,
>
>>> When i do an include of both modules to my main CMakeLists.txt the
>>> compiler is found and all configured. But during build time
>>> the tags <CMAKE_ADA_COMPILER> can not be unbind.
>>
>>> Any hints?
>>
>> I am not sure what issue you are referring to here, but I
>> encourage you to try the above Ada-related files to see
>> whether they have the same issue.
>
> There I got the same problematic.
> If i don't inlude in the main cmakelist.txt the CMakeDetermineAdaCompiler.cmake, Test and Information files, i get an internal error. If i include them all is done well during configure time.
> But when I want to build the whole I get following error:
>
> Linking ADA executable foo.exe
> "C:\Program Files\Cmake 2.4\bin\cmake.exe" -P CMakeFiles\foo.dir\cmake_clean_targets.cmake
> C:/MinGW/bin/gnatmake.exe   CMAKE_ADA_LINK_FLAGS foo.adb -cargs  -largs -lmingw32
> Gnatmake: "cmake_ada_link_flags" not found

You should be okay if you follow what PLplot does for building the Ada
interface library and the Ada examples.  See
http://plplot.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/plplot/trunk/bindings/ada/CMakeLists.txt?view=markup
and
http://plplot.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/plplot/trunk/examples/ada/CMakeLists.txt?view=markup.
In particular the second file documents why it has to set up certain Ada
linking flags the way it does to work around some internal (non-module)
limitations of the current CMake.

> One thing, your version seems to me only supports an in-source-build, but i want to do an out of source build.

Actually not.  The build of an Ada interface to PLplot and the build of
corresponding Ada plotting examples Works for me all the time with an
out-of-source build.

Alan
Alan W. Irwin

(lbproject.sf.net).