[CMake] Re: Bugs in cmake-2.4.6, please solve for 2.4.7

Axel Roebel Axel.Roebel at ircam.fr
Tue Jul 17 04:21:47 EDT 2007

On Tuesday 17 July 2007 03:06:15 cmake-request at cmake.org wrote:
> Re: Bugs in cmake-2.4.6, please solve for 2.4.7

Hi all,

I would like to draw your attention to bug report 4209 that I submitted last
year already: If you want your cmake project to be
used with the xcode generator better stay away completely from
EXCLUDE_FROM_ALL because the xcode generator will
simply exclude all EXCLUDE_FROM_ALL targets completely
such that you cannot even build them manually.

It seems to me that this is a severe bug that should
be fixed as soon as possible because it means you cannot
rely on the fact that your cmake projects will work at all
with all the supported generators. I work around this
since quite a while and I am somewhat astonished to see
that this bug seems not to have been adressed in the upcoming
release.

The same seems to hold true for bug 5238 and 5213
where libraries and executables that have a VERSION
set  in SET_TARGET_PROPERTIES will result in errors
when using unix makefiles on cygwin.

Same problem here. This means you have to
adapt your cmake projects because otherwise
they fail to produce a usuable result with
some generators.

So in short: if you intend to be portable with the current
and the upcoming version of cmake
better don't use VERSION and don't use EXCLUDE_FROM_ALL.

Kind regards,

--
Axel Roebel
IRCAM Analysis/Synthesis Team