[CMake] Bugs in cmake-2.4.6, please solve for 2.4.7

Alexander Neundorf a.neundorf-work at gmx.net
Mon Jul 16 14:13:23 EDT 2007

On Wednesday 11 July 2007 14:17, Hendrik Sattler wrote:
> Am Mittwoch 11 Juli 2007 16:24 schrieb Alexander Neundorf:
> > I can't reproduce a problem. Please try the attached testcase and tell me
> > how to reproduce your problem.
>
> I extended you example to trigger the problem. See the attached archive.
> I mainly adds a static library that main2 gets linked to. This lib is also
> excluded from all (only works with 2.6.7)

Somehow I fail to find the difference between 2.4.6 and 2.4.7 RC11.

If you remove the EXCLUDE_FROM_ALL from the ADD_LIBRARY() command, make and
make install work in both cases (but the EXCLUDE_FROM_ALL target will still
be built on make install, which shouldn't happen, but it doesn't seem to
break anything here).

If I use only EXCLUDE_FROM_ALL, then make; make install fails both with 2.4.6
and 2.4.7RC11.

How can I reproduce the problem ?

As a workaround, you could use something like this:

option(BUILD_SOMETHING "build something FALSE)
if (BUILD_SOMETHING)
  add_executable(hello2 main2.c)
  install(TARGETS hello2 DESTINATION bin)
endif (BUILD_SOMETHING)