[CMake] Hard to find the sources of cmake

Manuel Yguel Manuel.Yguel at inrialpes.fr
Sun Jul 15 10:31:42 EDT 2007

Hello,
I did go to the cmake website: http://www.cmake.org/
I did pick up what seems to be the cmake sources for me on the page
http://www.cmake.org/HTML/Download.html
I downloaded the file cmake-2.4.6-Linux-i386.tar.gz

But when I extracted the tarball I get three directories:
bin, doc and share with a lot of things inside but no bootstrap executable
file.

Googleing a bit I found the following post:
http://public.kitware.com/pipermail/vtkusers/2007-April/090436.html that
point towards a file not directly visible from the download page:
http://www.cmake.org/files/v2.4/cmake-2.4.6.tar.gz

Then using this file I could successfully install cmake from the sources
following the install webpage instructions.

The download and the install pages of the cmake website seem not to be
synchronized.
I really didn't know what to do with the files extracted with the linux
archive.

So please update the documentation or explain me when I read wrong your
guidelines.

Thank you,

Manuel