[CMake] Re: [Chicken-users] stack direction test

Brandon Van Every bvanevery at gmail.com
Fri Jul 13 22:04:04 EDT 2007

On 7/13/07, Kon Lovett <klovett at pacbell.net> wrote:

> On Jul 13, 2007, at 4:50 PM, Brandon Van Every wrote:
>

> <snip>
> > I wonder if your MinGW and MSYS toolchains are fighting each other
> > somehow.
>
> "But the only change was to move the old build dir to a new location"
> He whines.

Whaaat??!  You can't do that, CMake uses absolute paths when it
configures a build.

> (Actually moved it but also deleted the entire contents
> and used CMakeSetup from "scratch" since there were old paths even
> after deleting the cache.)

Doesn't sound done quite right.  Build from a pristine source dir and
do an out-of-source build.

> >   What happens when you use the MinGW only generator, and then
> > use mingw32-make at a Windows command prompt?  It would be best if
> > there's no MSYS at all in your PATH for that.
>
> Using cmd.exe, a PATH stripped of msys dirs:
>
> C:\msys\build\chicken>cmake -G "MinGW Makefiles" C:\msys\build\chicken"
> -- Check for working C compiler: C:/msys/1.0/mingw/bin/gcc.exe
> -- Check for working C compiler: C:/msys/1.0/mingw/bin/gcc.exe -- works
> -- Check size of void*
> -- Check size of void* - done
> -- Check for working CXX compiler: C:/msys/1.0/mingw/bin/g++.exe
> -- Check for working CXX compiler: C:/msys/1.0/mingw/bin/g++.exe --
> works
> -- Cannot determine repository type. Please set UPDATE_TYPE to 'cvs'
> or 'svn'. CTest update will not work.
> -- Found C:/Chicken/bin/chicken.exe
> -- Chicken 2000003 required; using 2000629.
> -- All boot/cfiles/*.c files are present.
> -- Looking for alloca.h
> -- Looking for alloca.h - not found
> -- Looking for alloca
> -- Looking for alloca - not found.
> -- Looking for crt_externs.h
> -- Looking for crt_externs.h - not found
> -- Looking for direct.h
> -- Looking for direct.h - found
> -- Looking for gcvt
> -- Looking for gcvt - found
> -- Looking for memmove
> -- Looking for memmove - found
> -- Looking for strerror
> -- Looking for strerror - found
> -- Looking for grp.h
> -- Looking for grp.h - not found
> -- Looking for stdint.h
> -- Looking for stdint.h - found
> -- Looking for sysexits.h
> -- Looking for sysexits.h - not found
> -- Looking for dlfcn.h
> -- Looking for dlfcn.h - not found
> -- Looking for dl.h
> -- Looking for dl.h - not found
> -- Looking for ffi.h
> -- Looking for ffi.h - found
> Unable to compile libffi test - no libffi support available
> -- Looking for windows.h
> -- Looking for windows.h - found
> -- Looking for LoadLibrary
> -- Looking for LoadLibrary - found
> -- Looking for GetProcAddress
> -- Looking for GetProcAddress - found
> -- Looking for winsock2.h
> -- Looking for winsock2.h - found
> -- Looking for include files HAVE_WS2TCPIP_H
> -- Looking for include files HAVE_WS2TCPIP_H - found
> -- C_STACK_GROWS_DOWNWARD=1
> -- Configuring done
> -- Generating done
> -- Build files have been written to: C:/msys/build/chicken
>
> (NOTE - the above is with a CMakeLists.txt patched to disable the
> stack direction test. W/O it will not config.)

I wonder if this is a cross-compilation problem under your XP emulator.

> C:\msys\build\chicken>mingw32-make
>
> begins building. WTF!

Could be a MSYS specific problem under your XP emulator.  Or it could
be you got your build directories cleaned up.  Try on MSYS with a
pristine source tree and an out-of-source build.

Cheers,
Brandon Van Every