[CMake] [CTest] Does add_test suppress the output of ctest?

wedekind wedekind at caesar.de
Fri Jul 13 10:56:14 EDT 2007

Hello CMake-gurus,

I'm adding tests to my project (with add_test) and let add_test call ctest
with some parameters, e.g.:

add_test(some_test ${CMAKE_CTEST_COMMAND} -V --build-and-test ...)

The tests will be called by "make test", for example, and they are
successfully built and run.

Except, that the verbose-option "-V" is simply ignored! And I don't know
why...

All options given to ctest are correctly written to the DartTestfile.txt,
"-V" too. But running "make test" or ctest does not print the verbose
output. Only calling "ctest -V" will do the trick.

Does add_test somehow swallow the output of the command it calls?

How to avoid this?

Thanks for your feedback!

Cheers!

Marco