[CMake] Copying Required Runtime Libraris (MSVC 2003)

Mike Jackson imikejackson at gmail.com
Thu Jul 12 13:22:56 EDT 2007

On Jul 12, 2007, at 1:10 PM, Hendrik Sattler wrote:

> Am Donnerstag 12 Juli 2007 19:01 schrieb Alexander Neundorf:
>> Try cmake from cvs, there every of the help options of cmake which
>> can
>> output to a file supports all three formats (html, man/troff,
>> plain text),
>> depending on the given filename suffix.
>> Does this help ?
>
> It would help to output a list of options to be able to script this.
> Additionally, suboptions should be presented in lists, not in some
> big text
> block (see SET_TARGET_PROPERTIES for a really bad one).
>
> Additionally, NOT printing deprecated options by default would help
> ALOT to
> get a better overview. Currently, a big part of the docs are old
> cruft that
> just says that it's deprecated and are unimportant for all new users.
>
> HS

I did some xml/xslt stuff a few years ago where we had a bunch of
data that we wanted in various formats: text, html, PDF, XML, comma
and what we ended up doing was using an xslt transform on demand to
transform the data into what ever format was asked for. The
Stylesheets are not that hard to write if you have a basic knowledge
of XML. That sort of approach would be my _first_ idea. It makes
updating documentation much easier because all you have to do is
update one xml file. The style sheet will take care of the formatting
and transformation. This could be wrapped into a build time option or
just generated and put on the CMake website like they do for the VTK
docs.

--
Mike Jackson   Senior Research Engineer