[CMake] gcc34 compiler and static executable

Alan W. Irwin irwin at beluga.phys.uvic.ca
Mon Jul 9 18:37:39 EDT 2007

On 2007-07-09 14:31-0400 Ajay Divekar wrote:

> I am not exactly sure if this is related to cmake but here is the problem. At
> the time i had manual make file i was able to generate static executables
> with gcc34 and g++34.
>
> With cmake though this is not possible. The error is as follows
>
> 	/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lgcc_s

I suggest you demonstrate the problem with the simplest possible example
(CMakeLists.txt file consisting of a few lines and simple hello-world style
source code).  Such a simple demonstration makes it easy for others to
verify the problem (or not) on their various platforms.

Alan
Alan W. Irwin

(lbproject.sf.net).