[CMake] non default architecture builds

Mathias Froehlich M.Froehlich at science-computing.de
Mon Jul 9 08:10:57 EDT 2007

Hi,

I need to do no default binary type builds with a cmake based build system
(OpenSceneGraph's cmake build system).
With non default binary type, I am talking about 64 bit builds on hp-ux or
sparc solaris for example.
On hp-ux I have 64 bit libs in .../lib/pa20_64 or on sparc solaris they are
located in .../lib/sparcv9 instead of the usual .../lib directory.

The first problem that bites me is the FindOpenGL.cmake module.
On hp-ux it will find the /opt/graphics/lib/libGL.sl hppa1.1 32 bit library
(note that the 64 bit hppa2.0 library is available
in /opt/graphics/lib/pa20_64/libGL.sl). My object files are compiled with
CMAKE_CFLAGS='+DA2.0 ...' which will tell the compiler that it should build
hppa2.0 64 bit objects.

At link time the cmake based gnu makefiles will try to glue the 64 bit objects
to the 32 bit libGL. Obviously this will not work.

Now my question:
How can I make cmake look into the lib/pa20_64 or lib/sparcv9 directory
instead of the plain lib directory?

     Greetings

            Mathias

--
Dr. Mathias Fröhlich, science + computing ag, Software Solutions
Hagellocher Weg 71-75, D-72070 Tuebingen, Germany