[CMake] good open source IDE

abhijeet mhatre abhijeetmhatre at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 3 01:19:34 EDT 2007

I have used kdevelop a lot for C/C++ and I found that it still not mature enough. Lots of bugs and features that do not work very well.
 Then I switched to netbeans (for C/C++). I found it very good. I use it only as a text editor and source browser for jumping to function and variable definitions and declarations. Its grep (find in files) doesnt work very well. I found kdevelop's grep much better.
Both kdevelop's and netbean's integration with GDB is bad. I use DDD for debugging.
overall I prefer netbeans to kdevelop.

Abhijeet