[CMake] Re: CMake Colours

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Mon Jul 2 17:45:21 EDT 2007

On 02.07.07 16:37:21, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
> Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> >On Monday 02 July 2007 13:09, Mike Arthur wrote:
> >>Worked out the problem.
> >>Is there any technical reason the KDevelop generator SHOULDN'T produce
> >>coloured makefiles?
> >Yes, the output view of kdevelop doesn"t support the colors, so you'll see the
> >control characters instead of the colors.
> >Are you using kdevelop ?
>
> As far as I know:
> - kdevelop does not run 'make' in a PTY
> - color Makefiles generated by CMake only color if isatty() is true
>
> Therefore, does the above really apply?

It doesn't as far as I can experience. Using a Makefile's that were
generated using cmake from a terminal work fine, without any control
characters in KDevelop's outputview.

So this can be considered a bug in the KDevelop3 generator, maybe this
was needed in earlier versions of KDevelop3 but its not needed in 3.4

Andreas

--
Stay away from hurricanes for a while.