[CMake] library dependencies

Alan W. Irwin irwin at beluga.phys.uvic.ca
Mon Jul 2 15:16:11 EDT 2007

On 2007-07-02 14:05+0200 Jesper Eskilson wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Is there a way to extract the list of library dependencies specified
> by target_link_libraries for a target? I would like to be able to pass
> the list of libraries  to an external script at build time.

For PLplot we deal with this problem by keeping track of the library
dependencies specified to TARGET_LINK_LIBRARIES in a (list) variable.  If a
variable doesn't serve your needs (say if you need the information in
another subdirectory), then I assume you could also set a special target
property using SET_TARGET_PROPERTIES and retrieve it later using
GET_TARGET_PROPERTY.

Alan
Alan W. Irwin

(lbproject.sf.net).