[CMake] Undocumented magic required for installing globbed files

Alan W. Irwin irwin at beluga.phys.uvic.ca
Wed Jan 31 21:22:34 EST 2007

On 2007-01-31 17:49-0800 Radu Serban wrote:

> In any case, the alternative I really meant to suggest (which I use in my
> project) is:
>
> file(GLOB USER_DOCS ${CMAKE_SOURCE_SIR}/doc/user/html/*)
> install(FILES ${USER_DOCS} DESTINATION ${docdir}/html/user/html)
>
> This doesn't use the undocumented file(INSTALL signature and will certainly
> work as you want.

Sorry, I should have made clear in my original post that the files I was
globbing are generated at "make" time.  Obviously, the first file command
above occurs at configuration time before the files are generated so will
not work for my case.  That is why I have to put the undocumented magic
inside the documented "install(CODE..." signature for my case.

Alan
Alan W. Irwin

package (plplot.org); the Yorick front-end to PLplot (yplot.sf.net); the
Loads of Linux Links project (loll.sf.net); and the Linux Brochure Project
(lbproject.sf.net).