[CMake] ADD_CUSTOM_TARGET options

Vasu Dev Dasari vasudev_dasari at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 30 19:07:21 EST 2007

Hello,

I am new to cmake.

I am working on a new project which includes
integrating multiple projects and also develop couple
of new software modules. Projects to be integrated say
xyz, has its own makefile and can take multiple
options not just "clean". I would like to develop a
common cmake build environment for all the projects
(including those being imported and ones which are
new). Can some help me in writing a rule for
integrating project xyz. I wrote the rule,

ADD_CUSTOM_TARGET(xyz ALL
                  COMMAND make
                  WORKING_DIRECTORY
../${SRC_ROOT}/xyz-src
                  COMMENT "Building project XYZ"
                  VERBATIM )

This rule effectively builds "make xyz". But, if I
want to do "make xyz clean" or "make xyz buildx"
results in performing make operation all over again.
How can I write a rule to be able to do "make xyz
clean" or "make xyz buildx".

Thanks,
-Vasu