[CMake] autoconf and cmake

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Sun Jan 28 21:21:46 EST 2007

Wojciech Jarosz wrote:
> I've been looking through other projects that use CMake in order to
> learn more. I've seen that some (Chicken, Scribus, for example) seem
> to have configure.in files in addition to CMakeList.txt files. I was
> wondering why one would use both autoconf and CMake in the same
> project?

Because CMake is relatively new to common use, and most people using it
are transitioning from autotools. That's certainly the case for Scribus,
which IIRC is planning on dropping autotools before 1.4 . I won't be too
surprised if many of those projects are at the same time widening their
portability, given that's where CMake is a real win.

--
Craig Ringer