[CMake] CMake Tutorial and Error: undefined symbols

Eric Noulard eric.noulard at gmail.com
Sun Jan 28 14:27:05 EST 2007

2007/1/28, David Morris <dvmorris at gmail.com>:

> Thanks I will try that.
>
>  I have one other question that I have yet to find on the wiki or any other
> site. What is the difference between a package and a library?
>
>  I'm trying to find FLTK as a package and it doesn't work,

FIND_PACKAGE does work iff there exist
a Find<PackageName>.cmake file in the cmake  include path.

A set "package" finding files are provided with CMake distribution
on my LInux box there are in:
/usr/share/cmake-2.4/Modules/Find<PackageName>.cmake

> but this code
> seems to work:
>
>  FIND_LIBRARY(FLTK_LIBRARY
>     NAMES fltk fltk-1.1
>     PATHS /usr/lib /opt/local/lib
>  )

FIND_LIBRARY is a CMake builtin macro
 (which may be used in the Find<PackageName>.cmake files)

cmake --help-command FIND_LIBRARY

will give you valuable informations about its usage.

>  Can I use the same IF(FLTK_FOUND) kind of syntax after a FIND_LIBRARY call?

No in this case you have to check

IF (FLTK_LIBRARY)

or the converse

IF (FLTK_LIBRARY-NOTFOUND)