[CMake] SET_SOURCE_FILES_PROPERTIES in subdir

Peter Soetens peter.soetens at fmtc.be
Thu Jan 25 11:25:43 EST 2007

Quoting Alexander Neundorf <a.neundorf-work at gmx.net>:

> Von: Peter Soetens <peter.soetens at fmtc.be>
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm having this situation: a source file property is set in a subdir
>> (GENERATED true), but when the source file property is read again in the
>> root directory, it is no longer present on that file. Is this intentional
>> behaviour ?
>>
>> It's not documented that the property on files scope is 'local'.
>>
>> Peter
>
> Try to use the full path to the file when setting the property. Does
> this help ?

The full path was already set. I had read the cmake list archive and
did all that was previously suggested. Could it be that if you set a
property on a file, but the file is not used in a 'TARGET' in that
CMakeLists.txt file, the property is discarded ?

ADD_CUSTOM_COMMAND behaves in just the same way (I just discovered). If
you use this macro, but none of the OUTPUT files is used in that
CMakeLists.txt file, the custom command is not added to the makefiles.

I've solved the problem now by using a 'tmp' library as a target in
that CMAkeLists.txt file. This library is ignored by the rest of the
build system and the files are then used in a toplevel library.

Peter

--
www.fmtc.be