AW: [CMake] [CPack] Changing the appearance of the NSIS installer

wedekind wedekind at caesar.de
Thu Jan 25 04:38:25 EST 2007

Hi David,

thanks for reply, even it's 2 months later it was still helpful for me. I've
followed your steps and it works for me! Unfortunately I cannot reproduce
what I have done wrong 2 months ago, but I guess the main difference to your
approach is that I have tried to use my own NSIS.template.in in a more
complex project rather than trying it out with a simple example.

Maybe there is an error in my project or the NSIS template I've adapted is
corrupt. But it's good to know that it works in principle. I will have to
invest a little more time to make it work for my project...

>Now. This is not to say that you can use any old NSIS.template.in file and
>get it to work properly. You do have to produce an output file that's named

>as CPack expects it to be named so that the rest of the packaging process
>works. If all you want to do is rename your output file, though, you can
>simply set the variable CPACK_OUTPUT_FILE_NAME before including CPack in
>your CMakeLists.txt file.
>
>I would recommend that you start with the NSIS.template.in file that CMake
>provides and edit it very carefully, only adding things to it. You can
>change/remove things from it if you're sure they're not needed by the rest
>of the packaging process that CPack performs. If you are still having
>problems getting this to work and you're using CMake 2.4.5 or greater, I
>would definitely be interested to hear back from you again.

Ok, if I come across more problems really related to Cmake/Cpack I'll let
you know.

Cheers

Marco