[CMake] CTest and memory stress testing (Purity / Guard Malloc)

Sean McBride sean at rogue-research.com
Tue Jan 23 12:53:14 EST 2007

Hello,

I would like to be able to use Guard Malloc while running my dashboard
tests.  (Guard Malloc is a Mac OS X feature that is similar to Purify
and Valgrind, that is, it tests for memory-related bugs).

To use Guard Malloc, one only needs to set an environment variable.

I've tried adding said variable to CTEST_ENVIRONMENT but that seems to
set the variable even when invoking the compiler.  The problem is that
Guard Malloc makes things 100x times slower, so I want to set it only
for the tests, not the compilation.

I've read about PURIFYCOMMAND and MEMORYCHECK_COMMAND, but I don't see
how they can help.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Sean McBride, B. Eng                 sean at rogue-research.com