[CMake] Getting Cmake not to fill in Project Dependencies for a target (VS7/VS8)

Philip Lowman philip at yhbt.com
Mon Jan 22 14:07:28 EST 2007

Bill Hoffman wrote:
> Philip Lowman wrote:
>>
>> Ah, I don't use VS8 that often and didn't know it had this feature.
>> VS7  unfortunately doesn't have this option.
>>
>> On a second look, however, I noticed an option in VS7 that I hadn't
>> seen before which should work fine 99% of the time: "Link".  The sole
>> exception would be recompilations of the static binary (which are very
>> rare for us).
>>
>> Thanks for the suggestion.
>>
> My version of VS7 has that option....  7.1.3088.
> In the solution explorer right click on a project and select the
> "Project Only" menu, then select "Build only ...".

Alas, we have 7.0.9955 :)

If the Windows developers don't like using "Link" instead of "Build"
we'll consider a feature request to suppress filling in Project
Dependencies but I don't consider it a big deal.

Supporting a target option to suppress the dependency checking would be
trivial in Visual Studio but probably more difficult for the Makefile
system.

--
Philip Lowman
Simulation Development Engineer, Modeling and Simulation Technology