[CMake] Demonstrated CMake.. received a few comments

Mon Jan 22 13:33:43 EST 2007

I recently posted to this list as a newbie to CMake. Over last week i took
some time at moving our project to CMake. I demonstrated it to my
colleagues and they were mostly happy. They had a few questions some of
which i could answer for the rest ill depend all of you! :-)

Reminder: We work on embedded systems so we are almost always
cross-compiling.

1) I have a variable each for architecture and compiler selection. Only
certain combinations are supported. Instead of typing in the arch name
cannot a drop down list be provided in the cmake GUI? And only supported
compilers be listed for the chosen arch?

2) On windows, we would like to use VS as the IDE and KDevelop on linux.
Both are capable of crosscompiling (use non-native compilers). I think this
is only possible by setting CMAKE_C_COMPILER to the compiler to use?

On the whole, CMake has impressed them (colored makefile output did
help! :-P) and is now our default build system for all future work!

Thank you guys! :-)
--
Cheers!
kitts