[CMake] Getting Cmake not to fill in Project Dependencies for a target (VS7/VS8)

Philip Lowman philip at yhbt.com
Mon Jan 22 10:47:24 EST 2007

Hi,

Does anyone know if there is a way to have CMake not fill in the Project
Dependencies for a particular target in Visual Studio 7/8?

I realize this seems contrary to common sense, but when you have 40
projects that your target depends on and you're building a static binary
it's really annoying to have to deal with Visual's slow target
up-to-date check.  Often we like to just build library "A" and then
build static binary "B" to workaround the slowness (but if the Project
Dependencies are filled out for static binary "B" to depend on a bunch
of libraries it triggers the up-to-date check on all libraries).

--
Philip Lowman
Simulation Development Engineer, Modeling and Simulation Technology